4.02.2009




A year ago today we brought Bennett home from the hospital. This day is almost as special as his birthday! It was so strange to leave the hospital with him and not have any tubes or cords attached to him, or any nurses telling us what to do or not to do. I had so many memories all day today of a year ago...pure bliss! Last night I heard a lady whose baby was in the hospital his entire first year. I can't even think about that without getting choked up or what that possibly could have been like. I know what 3 weeks was like, I just can't imagine going through it a day longer! I'm just madly in love with this little person.

5 comments:

mom of six, nana of five said...

That hair is killing me...

Kristin said...

Seriously Meg, I don't think Hailey has as much hair now as Bennett had when you were taking him home from the hospital. He is so dang cute! Let's definitely try to get together on Thursday.

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

Hi, this is Kim Wheeler. We met you at the hospital the other day when we saw Jude. Hey, I have been dying to get some family pictures taken, and I just loved the pics you took of Caitlin. How much would you charge for family pictures? I really want to get it done soon because we move On May 15th. So let me know if you have time to do it soon, maybe next weekend, if the weather is nice.

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

oh and by the way your little Bennett is sooooo cute!!!! Him and Alivia should hook up. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are an amazing photographer. I just wanted to say that A) your little one is SO CUTE! I love his hair. And B), I too know what it's like to deal with 3 weeks in the NICU... my son Toby spent his first 3 weeks there too, and I didn't even get to see him until he was 3 days old.