12.06.2008

Bathroom Renovations

Hamster nest you ask?? Oh no, this would be wallpaper.
Wallpaper that took 6 hours (no exaggeration) to pick off with my fingernails and a razor blade. Whoever invented wallpaper was not my friend this day! Every now and then a big piece would come off and it was like Christmas.
Our 2 bathrooms are very little and so they are very humid and wet all the time. Well, both of them stink like urine (sorry for the icky word). After gallons of Clorox I decided it had to be the wallpaper. Sure enough it smelled as I tore every little strip off! eww. They must of pasted this stuff on with super glue because it took tons of the wall off with it. I now know how to re texture a wall! So here are the beforepictures...



And here is the pretty bathroom after. There are still some spots where it looks like acne scares and my texturing abilities could improve, but overall I think it is just so cute now!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Nice work!

The Ririe's said...

That looks really good! I had that same smell in my bathroom the other day...no wallpaper...but a took a clorox rag to the entire wall...it worked...and I learned that what cannot be easily seen still leaves a horrible scent!!! Just wait until Bennett is old enough to use the toilet! =)

The Miller Family said...

Whoa Meg. what don't you do! you are amazing to take on that beast. It looks really good.